Friday 29 August 2014

The Liebster Award


I'm pretty new to the wonderful world of blogging, although I've been thinking about writing one for a good year or so I only actually put pen to paper, or should I say fingers to keys at the end of July this year. 
In the short time I've been posting I've learnt so much including the fact that the blogging world is super friendly and that other bloggers are really supportive. 

This week I was introduced to the Liebster Award by the lovely Angie from the incredible beauty & lifestyle blog Chocolate & Lipstick. Make sure you go and have a read, I love it. Thank you so much Angie for nominating me. 


Okay, so the Liebster Award rules go like this: 
1) Thank you nominator and post a link to their blog.
2) Display the award on your blog.
3) Give 11 facts about yourself.
4) Answer the 11 questions provided to you by the person that nominated you.
5) Nominate fellow bloggers.
6) Create 11 new questions for your nominee's to answer.
7) Copy and post these questions into your blog and repeat.

So, here are my 11 facts: 
1. I have two children, Ellie (7) and Ethan (11 weeks).
2. I used to work in Children's TV before having my little ones. I worked at BBC1, the Disney Channel & Nickelodeon making live content. (Dick & Dom in Da Bungalow was my absolute faveourite job)
3. I've been married for 9 years & I met my husband Mark through work (he used to be a TV presenter). We got engaged in less than 6 months & were married in under a year. 
4. I have a chihuahua called Buddy who I absolutely adore (full name Buddy Boy Bingo Nuts - I have no idea where this came from).
5. I love all types of craft. Making things makes me happy.
6. I'm a complete chocoholic.
7. I've met & worked with a whole host of celebrities from Beyoncé to Justin Timberlake to Kermit the Frog. 
8. My dream bag is the Chanel 2.55. One day, oh one day. 
9. My Grandad was a war hero who had a book and film made about him (Google Charles Coward). I got to go to Number 10 to collect a posthumous award from the Prime Minister.  
10. I used to make wedding stationery in my spare time until Ethan came along.
11. I'm scared of the dark. 


Here are my 11 questions from Angie at Chocolate & Lipstick:
1: If you were to change the name of your blog, what would it be and why?
This is a tricky one. I honestly have no idea. It took me long enough to come up with The Daily Rumble. Perhaps i'd drop the Daily and change it to '3 or 4 times a week' Rumble! 
2: Where do you find inspiration to write your blog?
Everyday life being a mum of 2 (with an 11 week old), walking around the shops browsing new products and things that make me smile. 
3: Other than blogging, what do you do in your spare time?
Not all that much with a baby. I love to read, watch YouTube and make things. 
4: Have you ever considered quitting your blog, and starting over?
Not just yet but I'm sure one day I probably will feel this way. 
5: Your go to beauty look? 
Flushed cheeks, defined eyes and a nude lip.
6: Your favourite subject to blog about?
Products I've found that I really love and my mummy-moments equally.
7: What camera and editing applications do you use in regards the images you post?
*Blushes* Yikes, just my Iphone for now. Sometimes I use picmonkey. Once I've been blogging a touch longer I'll definitely invest in a decent camera. 
8: Do you use a post scheduler, or do you generally post and go?
I normally post and go when something's ready to be published, however I'm scheduling posts to go live when I'm away soon.
9: Your favourite time of day/week to post for your blog.
I've been trying to post something new daily, so far so good. I normally post in the morning before my day gets too carried away in nappies and bottles.
10: If you could only choose one: Lipstick or Mascara?
Mascara everyday of the week. I'd feel naked without it. 
11: Makeup Geek eyeshadows or MAC?
I'll have to say MAC as I've not yet got my hands on any Makeup Geeks. 

Now, I nominate Brenda from Brenda BusyBee and Claire from The Diary of a Clueless Mother

1. How long have you been blogging?
3. What's the one beauty product you've repurchased the most?
4. Which band/artist is your all time fave?
5. What's your faveourite blog?
6. Which post of yours did you enjoy writing the most?
7. What's your faveourite take-away?
8. How would you describe your style?
9. What was/is your least faveourite and most faveourite thing about being pregnant?
10. Faveourite day of the week & why?
11. What do you order at Starbucks?

So there you have it, the Liebster Awards. I hope you've enjoyed learning a little more about me!

I'm off to order some Makeup Geek eyeshadows!
Love Emma
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...