Saturday 16 August 2014

My first Memebox - Tried & Tested!

I've recently fallen in love with subscription based beauty boxes. There's something seriously exciting about a parcel turning up with new products for you to try out. Beauty boxes are fun, the mystery element is great but they also make you try products that perhaps you normally wouldn't. 

I was recently introduced to Memebox by Lyndsay at Fizzy Peaches. (Go check out her amazing blog). 

Memebox is a beauty box that offers Korean beauty products - the most popular and latest beauty items direct from Korea - at a great price. 
Unlike other beauty boxes you don't have to subscribe. You just take a look at their selection and choose the one (or more than one) you fancy. 
They offer all kinds of boxes from make-up, skincare, body & hair - all containing the hottest, most wanted Asian products. Exciting eh?!  

It took a while for me to choose which box to go for (the boxes all look so tempting) but I went for the 'Superbox #29 Burst of Colour 2' at $39 (£23.50). This box contained all full-sized make-up items and I love me a bit of colour so thought it would be a good choice. 

Here's what my boxed contained and my first impressions! (Helllllo there hot pink box!!)


Info card
As all the products are from Korea all the packaging is in, well, Korean. This handy double sided card tells you what you've got and how to use it! 

Hope Girl 'Tinted Cushion Lipstick' in Coral Pink (£7.22)
It's described as a gloss-less lipstick with the staying power of a lip tint - which is exactly what it is. There's sponge smudger on one end to give you a more sutble look. Great colour (I love pink) & really really long wearing! 

Hope Girl 'Wonder Magic Mascara' (£13.25)
Great metal leopard print packing. The first coat gave me length, the second built volume. Not too wet and great brush that really grabs your lashes. Impressed! 

Sua Young 'Mein Sua Young Mineral Essence In Liquid Foundation' SPF33 (£20.48)
I had a real result with this product. I am pale, *really* pale. I struggle to get foundations in my shade of "almost see-through". This foundation matched my skin tone perfectly. 
I should imagine for 90% of people it would be just too light to use (or would require some serious bronzer action after). It applies with a real dewy look, almost worryingly too dewy/shiny but then like magic it turns into the perfect slight matt/subtle sheen finish. Blended lovely (I used the Beauty Blender) & totally buildable. Love love love this! 

Beauty People '10 Seconds Auto Eye Liner Pencil' x 2 in Diamond Bronze & Diamond Beige (£28.92)
I have never ever used an eyeliner pencil like these. Gel formula in a twist up pen, they glide on like a dream. Great metallic finish but here's the best bit. They DO NOT budge. Seriously. After swatching them I grabbed a face wipe to clean my hand, no good. Washed my hand with soap, didn't move. Use waterproof eye makeup remover, still didn't budge. Scrubbed with soap and a face cloth, still there. 24 hours and two showers later they are still on my hands. The ultimate summer holiday liner. Astonishing! 

Hope Girl '3D Powder Blusher' in Girly Pink (£10.84)
The powder topped with a little puff isn't a new concept, I had a Christian Dior blusher like this about 10 years ago. This one is a really pretty pink colour, quite pale, slight glitter content. I'm not a big fan of the glittery particles but totally wearable for a slight flush.

LadyKin 'Close Up Decuple Fitting Powder' (£10.24)
Really nice fine powder with a cute little puff. Great for my skin tone. Liked it but it's VERY heavily perfumed, an old school kinda smell, which lingers for a long time. Even my dog was seriously sniffing my face after I put this on wondering what the hell the smell was. Nice powder but not a fan of the strong sent. 

Y.E.T 'Catgirl Waterproof Pen Liner' in black (£5.42)
Loved this! Brush tip with a really wet eyeliner. The most gentle touch gives you the finest line ever. I'm not the greatest normally with eyeliner pens but this one is super easy to use. Lasted all day but came off simply with make-up remover. Thumbs up from me. 

Overall I loved my first Memebox, really loved it. It contained 8 full sized products worth $160 (£96.39) so really great value for money. (I paid £23.49). 
I really enjoyed trying out the K-Beauty bits and will absolutely be using some, if not all of them regularly. 

When I ordered they had a special free postage offer however standard postage is only $6.99 (£4.20) - not bad considering how far the box is travelling! 

Here's the box I opted for if you fancy giving it a go too; Superbox #29. I'll definitely be ordering another box soon - it's going to be very difficult not to order them all. (I apologise in advance bank balance!). 

Have you tried Memebox before? What's your favourite Beauty Box? 

Read my review on my mini Makeup Revolution haul here

Love Emma 
XOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...