Tuesday 3 March 2015

Tried & Tested - L'Oreal Brow Artist Genius Kit

As a beauty product obsessive finding the ultimate brow product is high on my must-do list. Groomed and well defined eyebrows can make such a HUGE difference to your face. Brows frame the eyes, lift the look of the area and give you an overall pulled together look. I flit from product to product in hope to find the quickest, easiest and longest lasting product at an affordable price.

When I spotted the L'Oreal Brow Artist Genius Kit this week I just couldn't resist. A sleek little package containing everything  you need for the perfect brows. Ohhh yes please.

For £9.99 you get two brow products, a wax and a powder, a double ended slanted brush/spooley and tiny tweezers. Being a brunette I picked the Medium to Dark colour option.

So the idea is that this little kit allows you to shape, style and set your brows. You clean up the brow area first with the tiny tweezers, you then define the shape with the wax using the tiny slanted brush and then apply the powder on top to fill in any sparse areas and add colour - finishing off with a swipe or two through with the spooley.

So, let's cut to the chase. I love the packaging - the cute little brushed metallic case is verging on perfect. The mirror in the lid is ideal. The tweezers actually aren't that bad, not something I would reach for on a daily basis but perfect for snaring the odd stray hair on a holiday. Let's face it though I wasn't actually expecting them to be any good. The brush and spooley aren't too bad either. The brush could be a little firmer for my personal liking but it does the job - the finished look wasn't as precise as I'd have liked but if you're not a perfectionist it's not the end of the world.

Now onto the products. The wax applies beautifully - very smooth and super easy to apply. The same with the powder. They're both highly pigmented and only a light hand is needed. Once you've used it the first time the wax does get a bit muddy with the powder as you use the same brush to apply both but it's not a big deal.

I had really high hopes. The products apply really well but here's the thing and it's a huge thing. The colour. It looks far far too red on me. It's unfortunately not a colour that suits me whatsoever - I did both brows, stepped back to look in a larger mirror and literally went "oh wow". I often find the reddy undertoned problem with products made in lighter shades so it was a surprise to see this from a shade in medium & dark. A huge disappointment. 

The products are supposed to last 12 hours but I didn't put this to the test - I just couldn't step out with my brows looking so obviously done.

So over all I actually enjoyed the product but I just wouldn't wear it out or use it again. I do wonder if the lighter shade would have been a better match but if I'm honest I'm not willing to spend another £9.99 to find out.

If you're looking for a great drugstore brow product the Soap & Glory 2-in-1 Brow Filling Pencil & Brush is much much better and cheaper too - check out my review here.

So my quest for the ultimate affordable brow product continues! Have your tried the Brow Artist? How was the colour for you? Any brow product recommendations?

I'm off to groom my brows,
Love Emma
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...