Thursday 5 February 2015

Tried & Tested - Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection Flat Contour Brush #301

I didn't think I needed anymore makeup brushes, I have a pretty decent collection but a recent browse through Boots changed my mind. I spotted the Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection and well I simply couldn't resist. The long sculpted handles, the pretty metallic colours, the fresh fluffy heads. Do you blame me? Of course I wanted them all but I managed some serious self control and picked just one, the Flat Contour Brush #301 - £22.

I did have my sights set on the NARS 'Ita' which is a huge £43(!!) so the Real Techniques was slightly more affordable. Yes, the heads are totally different - the NARS being longer and thinner but I decided to throw caution to the wind and give this one a go instead. 

I couldn't wait to crack the brush out of the box and boy oh boy I wasn't dissapointed at all. The head is super dense but so beautifully soft. The kind of soft that makes you want to swirl it around your face for ever and ever. And ever. You know what I mean. 

The handle is lovely, but really rather long.  Not something you can pop in a small makeup bag for on the go touch ups. This brush is suited to sit proudly on your dressing table. 

The head is cut perfectly. It fits into the hollows of my cheeks like a dream. It's also pretty good for contouring the side of the nose too. The bristles pick up just the right amount of product too. I'm in love. Maybe just maybe I'll finally crack contouring with this beauty. 

This is the first Real Techniques brush I have purchased. Would I be temped to buy any more? Hell yes. For the price this brush is really rather lovely. It looks great, does its job perfectly and is easy to use! 

A massive thumbs up from me! I think I might go back and get the huge fluffy powder brush which looks too good to be true. All for research purposes of course *cough cough*. 

There was almost a negative. When I initially got the brush out of the packet I was annoyed to see that stuck it its side was the clear glue dot that held it in it's place in the box.... However there was no need to panic. Wrapped around the handle where this glue dot stickly sat was a tiny strip of clear plastic protecting the pretty handle! Amazing and well done Real Techniques! 

Overall a beautiful brush at an okay price. Looks great, does it's job, what more could you ask for! 

I'm off to practice my contouring! 
Love Emma 
XOXO 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...