Wednesday 27 August 2014

5 Product Face Tag


Emma Rumble - The Daily Rumble
So, hands up. I'm a complete make-up addict. 

On a typical average day I'll use around 14 different cosmetics on my face. Yep, 14. (Primer, foundation, concealer, powder, bronzer, blusher, highlighter, eyeshadow primer, eyeshadows x2, eyeliner, mascara, eyebrow pencil, lipgloss). 

Do I need all of that day to day? Nope, definitely not. 

If I'm in a rush I will simplify my 'routine' but the truth is I love the process of applying it just as much as I love buying it & wearing it.  The more the merrier in my book. Don't get me wrong, I don't bust a drag queen look but less is more certainly does not apply not me. 

I first saw the '5 Product Face Tag' on YouTube and then Alison from Rock & Glitter posted her 5 which spurred me to join the bandwagon. 
The concept is what the title suggests, makeup using just 5 products. (Shock, horror). I'm not one to shy away from a challenge, and let's face it this was going to take to some serious thought. 

Not only did I manage it but I was actually pretty impressed what you can achieve with a handful of products. 
Here are the 5 I went with.

5 Product Face Tag - The Daily Rumble

Foundation: Original bareMinerals foundation in 'Fairly Light'. £25bareMinerals - The Daily Rumble
I'm a huge fan of this powder foundation. I went for this as it's totally buildable and can double up as concealer if you switch to a smaller brush if you're having a good skin day. 

Blusher: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in 'Etheral Glow'. £28
Hourglass Ambient Lighting - The Daily Rumble
One of my all time faves. The swirly mixture of colour and Ambient Lighting powder gives you two products in one. Great cheek colour and then a touch of subtle highlight in one swipe. I used a pencil brush to pick out the lighting powder to pop some under my eyebrows and down my nose for a touch of highlight. 

Eyeshadow: Maybelline 24 hour Colour Tattoo in 'Pink Gold'. £4.99
Maybelline 24 hour Colour Tattoo in 'Pink Gold - The Daily Rumble
The colour tattoos are one of my favourite drugstore eyeshadows. They are seriously long wearing so you can totally skip an eyeshadow primer. I applied mine with a brush and took a few seconds to blend well to avoid a harsh edge. 

Soap & Glory Archery 2-in-1 Eyebrow Pencil & Brush in 'Hot Chocolate'. £8
Soap & Glory Archery 2-in-1 Eyebrow Pencil & Brush - The Daily Rumble
Love this eyebrow pencil, easy to apply and long wearing. I used my imagination and doubled this up as an eyeliner too. Genius!

Mascara: L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes so couture in 'Black'. £10.99Mascara: L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes so couture in 'Black' - The Daily Rumble
Great mascara. Gives volume and length. Doesn't clump or flake. 

So there you have it. I was actually happy with the result. I would totally do a 5 product face if I was short of time. Perhaps adding a little under eye concealer. And a touch of lipstick. Oh and maybe a swipe of lipgloss.... 

I tag YOU. Do a 5 product face and share! What 5 products would you use? 

Check out a full review of the Soap & Glory eyebrow pencil here

I'm off to pop on some lipgloss! 
Love Emma 
XOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...