Wednesday 17 September 2014

Tried & Tested - Soap & Glory Supercat Fat Jumbo Carbon Black Ink Eyeliner

Supercat Fat Jumbo Carbon Black Ink Eyeliner - The Daily Rumble
I am forever on the hunt for the ultimate black eyeliner. Gel, pencil or pen I simple want something that's super easy to apply, doesn't smudge, lasts all day and is a blackest of black. Too much to ask? 

Hands up, I'm really not the greatest at applying eyeliner. I'm slightly obsessed with the classic cat eye flick but I've never been really able to perfect it. 
One eye goes well, the other then takes forever & ends up being too thick. Which means I then attempt to even out the 'good eye'. Which then ends up being slightly thicker than the bad eye. So I go back and add more product to the bad eye..... Repeat, repeat, repeat. Until I look like a panda. Not the look I was going for. 

When I saw that Soap & Glory had released a new black eyeliner for only £7 I popped it in my basket in Boots ridiculously quick. Say hello to Soap & Glory's Supercat Fat Jumbo Carbon Black Ink Eyeliner. 
Soap & Glory's Supercat Fat Jumbo Carbon Black Ink Eyeliner - The Daily Rumble
Soap & Glory's Supercat Fat Jumbo Carbon Black Ink Eyeliner - The Daily Rumble

It has the words cat & carbon black in the name. Sounds like a winner to me surely? The pen itself is quite chunky, much fatter than a traditional eye liner pen. The nib is massive, like seriously ginormous, with an angled tip. 

Soap & Glory's Supercat Fat Jumbo Carbon Black Ink Eyeliner - The Daily Rumble
Soap & Glory's Supercat Fat Jumbo Carbon Black Ink Eyeliner - The Daily Rumble

The size of the nib makes you wonder if it will be possible to get a thin neat line or whether it would just draw on a immediately fat line. That question was answered when I tried it on my hand. 

Soap & Glory's Supercat Fat Jumbo Carbon Black Ink Eyeliner - The Daily Rumble

It swatched really well. I used the different edges to get a nice fine line and then a much thicker one. 

The box says "hold liner so angled edge is on top. Line close to the lashes, then build up to the width you want. At the outer eye corner, extend a line directly up from the curve of the lower lashes. For perfect cat eyes, fill in the triangle - from the top of this line to your upper lash line". Reading this confused me a little but I kinda got the gist. 

The first time I used it I played it safe and just applied a medium thick line without any flicks. The formula is really nice and wet meaning you don't have to drag it along your eye lid. It really is beautifully black, and dries pretty quick too. 

It lasted really well, at the end of the day it hadn't smudged. I think it will take some practise to master the cat eye but I'm confident that the shape of this pen liner will make it a touch easier. 

Another great Soap & Glory product. At only £7 it really is a great product. Really black, simple to use and lasts well. Thumbs up from me. Will I stop the search for the ultimate eyeliner? Probably not just yet but i'll definitely enjoy using this one in the meantime.

Have you tried the Supercat Fat eye liner? What are your tips for creating the perfect flick? 

Read about the Soap & Glory Archery 2-in-1 Brow Filling Pencil & Brush here

I'm off to cat-up my eyes! 
Love Emma 
XOXO  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...