Tuesday 16 September 2014

What's in my Birchbox - September

Birchbox UK - The Daily Rumble
I cannot believe how quickly the last month has gone. When my Birchbox arrives, normally around the middle of the month, I'm always shocked it's that time already.

Before I get into it, here's a little bit of info if you're not too familiar with Birchbox UK. 
Birchbox is a monthly subscription based beauty & lifestyle box containing high-end samples. You get around 5 deluxe sized beauty samples and one lifestyle per delivery. You don't know what's in your box until it arrives, and from what I've seen not all the monthly boxes are the same. The subscription costs £10 a month plus P&P, although the longer you sign up for the better the deal. It's a perfect way to try out new products that perhaps you normally wouldn't or high-end brands that are maybe out of your price range. 

So here's what I got in my fourth Birchbox, the September Happy Days box. 

Birchbox UK - The Daily Rumble
Birchbox UK - The Daily Rumble

All my other boxes have been simple brown boxes so this colourful beauty was a nice surprise. Everything was held together in the typical Birchbox draw string bag. (I've yet to find a good use for these yet) & nestled at the bottom was the little fold out magazine & product info card. 

Benefit 'It's Potent!' Eye Cream (£25.50)

Birchbox UK - The Daily Rumble
A really cute little pot, I'm really fond of the Benefit skincare packaging. This peptide packed brightening eye cream claims to fade dark circles! Hello! With a 3 month old baby my dark circles are beyond black so I can't wait to put this to the test. 

ModelCo Lip Laquer in 'Monaco' (£15)

Birchbox UK - The Daily Rumble
Birchbox UK - The Daily Rumble
This lipgloss is right up my street, a beautiful pinky nude. I'm bunging this straight into my bag. Great shine, perfect colour and super sweet smell. Love this. 

Korres 'Citrus Little Body Milk' (£9.50)

Birchbox UK - The Daily Rumble
A nice sized sample. Smells beautiful, not actually as citrusy as I was expecting. Perhaps that's why it's called citrus little?! A definite unisex smell. Contains almond oil and shea butter. Sounds good to me. 

Premae 'Mild Dermabrasion Face & Body Scrub' (£25)
Birchbox UK - The Daily Rumble
This is a tiny sample size so if you were to use this on your body I think you'd be able to scrub just about one arm. I'll be using this on my face. It's packed with olive granules to smooth the skin, it looks quite nice & creamy too. 

Agave 'Healing Oil Treatment' (from £16)
Birchbox UK - The Daily Rumble
If this bad boy can give me hair like the lovely lady on the card I am all over this. A few drops of this treatment oil is supposed to smooth hair, build resiliency and boost shine and colour. Yes please. Can't wait to try it.

This month I got two 'Lifestyle Extras' - Urban Fruit in 'Smashing Strawberry' (£13.20 for 6) and a photo clip stand, to go along with the Happy Days box theme.
Birchbox UK - The Daily Rumble
Birchbox UK - The Daily Rumble
The strawberry fruit snack looks good, my daughter would love to get her hands on these. The photo clip is perfect for my desk so will be put to good use. 

Over all another great Birchbox, I've yet to be dissapointed with my delivery. It's such a great way to try new products and let's face it who doesn't love miniatures? 

Do you subscribe to Birchbox? What was your favourite sample this month? 

Read why 'I'm mad about miniatures' here

I'm off to play with my new products, 
Love Emma 
XOXO 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...