Wednesday 10 September 2014

Fabulous Finds - A healthy ice cream?

Yonanas - The Daily Rumble
I have a super sweet tooth. I love me some desserts especially ice cream & frozen yoghurt. Imagine how happy I am to have very recently developed an allergy to milk and yoghurts. I have no idea why but drinking or eating either now leaves me with the worst tummy ache known mankind. *Humpf*

I have been searching for a dessert/treat alternative that differs from the standard soya replacements. I've also trying to eat a bit better (major post baby blubber to loose folks). My eyes almost fell out my head when I came across the Yonanas online. 
Yonanas - The Daily Rumble

What is Yonanas? - It's a kitchen gadget that makes soft scoop style ice cream out of just frozen fruit. Oh yes, you read that right people, frozen blimin' fruit. Yes, I know! 
I ordered it immediately. I got mine from Amazon for £53.39 (with free delivery). 

How it works - It simply blends frozen bananas and other frozen fruit into a smooth creamy ice cream style dessert. 


You're directed to freeze 'cheetah spotted bananas' - the ones that are just a touch too ripe - for the best outcome. You can combine bananas with any other frozen fruit, as long as it's pip free. 
I'm a big fat cheat so I got a couple of bags of pre-frozen berries from Tesco to go with my bananas to start with. 

Yonanas - The Daily Rumble

It's super easy to use. You bung half a frozen banana down the chute tube, then a handful of any other fruit, then another banana half and so on. Low and behold out of this nifty little gadget comes soft and creamy ice cream like magic. It's absolutely incredible. It looks pretty good and tastes amazing, it really is creamy and doesn't taste like it's made from 100% fruit whatsoever. 

Yonanas - The Daily Rumble

We used to constantly throw bananas away in our house - the last few of the bunch that are just a touch too ripe that we never got round to eating. That will now never ever happen again, they will now go straight into the freezer along with chunks of any other fruit that would have gone to waste. 

Yonanas - The Daily Rumble

My daughter loves the Yonanas, to her it's just like ice cream. I know I would much prefer my 7 year old to eat this after her dinner than normal full fat ice cream. A really genius way to get your 5 a day. 

In the words of Gwen Stefani 'this sh*t is Yonanas', or something like that. 
For me, as I'm trying to eat 'healthy', the Yonanas really is brilliant. I get to have a dairy free seriously yummy dessert with hardly any of the calories. You also get a great little recipe style booklet with the machine with ideas, like using frozen chocolate or frozen biscuits with your fruit... not as healthy but probably amazing. The Yonanas with kiwi looks pretty darn delicious too.

Yonanas - The Daily Rumble

The negatives? Well, it's a bit faffy to take apart and wash all the components but it's not the end of the world. You can bung the bits in the dishwasher if you want. The worst bit is making sure you have a constant supply of frozen bananas or any other fruit ready to use. 

You can make the dessert without bananas but we've found it's the bananas that make it super creamy. I now buy 2 or so bunches of bananas at a time. One to eat fresh and the others up freeze once they've ripened. The bags of pre-frozen fruit you can buy pretty much anywhere are a godsend. 

The Yonanas gets a huge thumbs up from me. A great gadget that makes tasty desserts purely from fruit, what more could you ask for?! A real fruity Fabulous Find!

Have you tried the Yonanas? Have you found any other dairy free desserts that are yummy? 

Read about a Fabulous Find for teething babies here & for the little princess on your life here

I'm off to go bananas with my Yonanas!
Love Emma
XOXO 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...