Tuesday 9 September 2014

Tried & Tested - Estée Lauder Sculpting Foundation Brush 2


Estée Lauder Sculpting Foundation Brush 2 - The Daily Rumble
I love good makeup brushes. The saying 'you get what you pay for' absolutely applies to brushes in my opinion. They're one part of my makeup collection I really don't mind spending a little extra on. 

A good brush can make all the difference to your cosmetics application and if looked after they can also last a lifetime. Okay, maybe not an entire lifetime but you get the gist. I have Bobby Brown brushes that are over 10 years old and are still going strong. 

I'm a sucker for new products and love a decent brush so low & behold I just couldn't resist the new Estée Lauder Sculpting Foundation Brush 2. 

Estée Lauder Sculpting Foundation Brush 2 - The Daily Rumble

At £37 it isn't cheap but it promises to provide the ultimate in definition and foundation application. How could I not bring this bad boy home with me? 

The concept of the brush is apparently a worldwide first, I haven't seen anything similar so perhaps this statement is true. It's a nice size chunky handle brush and the relatively short bristles really are oh-so soft. The shape of the brush itself is really unique, it's cut in a certain sculpted shape so that it can easily follow the contours of your face to allow "seamless application and blending". I couldn't wait to see if this was true. 

Estée Lauder Sculpting Foundation Brush 2 - The Daily Rumble

How to use it: You simple pop a drop or two of liquid foundation on the back of your hand and then pat the brush into it. 
You then sweep the brush across your face, from your cheeks up to your ears, across your chin, and then you flip it round and use it across your forehead. You can then do a bit of swirling all around to blend. 

The shape of the brush head means it fits your face as snug as a bug in a rug. It's an absolute pleasure to use. The bristles are incredibly soft and it feels like a real luxurious treat using it. 

Estée Lauder Sculpting Foundation Brush 2 - The Daily Rumble

Did my makeup look better? Well, I have to say yes. It made applying my liquid foundation super easy. The contours of the brush are genius, it fits so perfectly on your face. It blended it all out beautifully and gave a really smooth finish. I found that I used less foundation when using this brush too. 

Is it worth £37? Yes, I think it is. Don't get me wrong, I do think that the price point is expensive, I'd have much preferred to pay a lot less but it is what it is. I would expect this brush to last a long long time, and when you then look at cost per use it's practically a bargain! 

Estée Lauder Sculpting Foundation Brush 2 - The Daily Rumble

Overall: I really like this brush. It's simple, quick & easy to use. It feels so soft on the face and makes my foundation look amazing. A huge thumbs up from me. 

Check out my Tried & Tested reviews of the Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil here & the Wen Conditioning Hair Cleanser here. 

I'm off to apply some more makeup! 
Love Emma 
XOXO 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...