Thursday 31 July 2014

July favourites

Here are the products/things I've been using and loving throughout July.

Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain: 
Gorgeously rich and shiny colours, a mixture of a highly pigmented lipstick and a high-shine gloss. I love the packaging, love the contents even more. They feel moisturising and look lovely and super vibrant on. I've got two colours but will be buying more! 


Sally Hansen Gem Crush nail colour in 05 Be-Jeweled:
Love this polish. It's a mixture of super fine glitter and slighter bigger round sparkle. It almost looks slightly mat, wears pretty well. I've been wearing it non-stop for the past few weeks and often get comments on it. A great summer colour.


The Beauty Blender:
Yes, yes, I'm *very* late to the party with this one but better late than never, right? I love how this magical make-up sponge makes my concealer look. I'm not getting a great deal of sleep (7 week old baby fun) so my daily use of under eye concealer has increased massively. This sponge stops it looking cakey, smooths and sheers it out without losing the coverage. Plus it feels gooood, you all know what I mean! 


Ultrasun suncream in factor 30:
This stuff is seriously good, serrrriously good. You bung it on once and you're good to go all day long. It's perfume and preservative free but the best thing is that it actually feels like a moisturiser going on. It sinks in quick and once it's on there's no greasy/oily/sticky residue. My daughter loves it (I use the factor 50 on her and she doesn't complain when it's time to cream-up). A really lovely product and totally worth the slightly higher price point. 


Palmer's Firming Butter:
After having a baby I'll pretty much give anything a go to get my "old" body back. I love cocoa butter so this totally grabbed my attention with it's "firms and tones" promises. Does it actually firm and tone? To be honest, I haven't really noticed.... probably not, I mean it's only £4.85. It's not a miracle product but it's lightweight, sinks in quickly, smells nice and leaves my skin soft and smooth. It's pretty cheap and a nice summer way of using cocoa butter, which is often thick and greasy.... Plus if I use enough maybe it will actually firm and tone! An excellent budget buy. 




Frozen Grapes:
Okay, pretty random but stay with me. These aren't a July fave but an all year round fave in my house. 
Get some grapes, wash them, put them in a bowl/container and stick them in the freezer. Over-night is best. You've then got yourself individual balls of grape sorbet-like goodness. Try it. Please. You won't regret it. It sounds strange but it is really *really* good. Totally hits the spot when you fancy a sweet treat. Great for the summer. Stops me reaching for higher calorie snacks. Yum. (If you're going to give these to children please be careful as they can be quite hard....). 

Hope you've enjoyed reading about my July Faves, go check them out! 

XOXO emma x 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...