Thursday 1 January 2015

Be nice - it's free!

Happy New Year one & all.

Today's post is a short but hopefully sweet one. As you may or may not know I recently became a Younique presenter, which is just incredible. To cut a long story short there are different ranks of presenters, each a different colour. We all start as white, then progress to yellow, pink, blue and so on. 

When you hit your promotion it's a pretty big deal but this progression doesn't go unnoticed. You get mentions and shout outs in your team Facebook pages but that's not all. Younqiue send you a super cute charm to congratulate you on your new status along with a letter of encouragement.

So far since November I have promoted 3 times and I am officially a Blue Status presenter. A few days ago all my charms arrived in the post. Each coloured rank has its own matching coloured charm. These trinkets are very small and simple however when they arrived I was SUPER excited. Such a small thing made me really happy. A tiny gesture that acknowledged my hard work and progression.

It got me thinking. Do we thank people enough? Do we offer support and encouragement without being prompted? We really live in a take take take world but I think it's so important to take the time to think of others, to thank them and to give our praise but not just for big things. My charms are tiny but represent so much. A small thing that brightens up my day and each time I look at them I'm reminded just how well I've done. 

This year I am going to make more time to make others feel good. To thank people. To offer support and encouragement. To lend a hand. All these things are simple and free and could really put a smile on someone's face just like my pretty little charms.

If someone does something for you take the time to acknowledge what they've done. If you notice someone's not themselves drop them a text later that day to check they're okay. Simple things that can make a difference. Never ever take someone or the things they do for you for granted. In simple terms, be nice! 

Yes, this is a bit of a random post but I just wanted to try and put my thoughts into words. I hope you all understand what I'm trying to get across!! 

That's all for today folks! Go on, be nice! You know you want to. 

Love Emma
XOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...