Tuesday 6 January 2015

What's in my Memebox #5 - Superbox #811st Anniversary Box

The funny thing about ordering two beauty boxes close together means that they arrive just as close! ;) I feel like I've only just written a post about my last box when this next box arrived. In future I definitely think I'll spread my purchases out a little so that I don't have too many new Korean products to play with at once.

Anyway, if you're not too familiar with Memebox here's a little more info: Memebox is a beauty box that offers Korean beauty products - the most popular and latest beauty items direct from Korea - at a great price. Unlike other beauty boxes you don't have to subscribe. You just take a look at their selection and choose the one (or more than one) you fancy. They offer all kinds of boxes from make-up, skincare, body & hair - all containing the hottest, most wanted Asian products.

So, this box immediately caught my fancy as being billed as the most popular and best products from Memebox in 2014 - Superbox #81 1st Anniversary Box. Priced at $29 plus $6.99 shipping (£23) it was a box I really wanted. 

So here's what I got in my box. 

The Contents Card
The must have of the box, the double sided contents card which explains what you've got and what to do with it. As all the product's packaging is in Korean this card is vital! I was pleased to read that this box contained all full sized products. 

Tosowoong 'Bee AC Control Toner' - $15
This series of products are formulated from naturally derived ingredients including bee venom (sounds scary), galactomyces (sounds like they grow in a cave) and bifida ferments (sounds like they belong in a yoghurt drink). This is for sensitive or problematic skin - neither of which I particularly have but I like the idea of the bee venom. Used like a normal toner it fights against dryness and the external environment. Interested to see how it goes!

Unni Recipe 'Make Skin Smooth Firming Pact SPF25 PA++' in Light Beige - $24
So this is a foundation - not a product I need but it sounds interesting. It claims to let skin breath plus it's packed with galactomyces (here they are again!), bifia (i'm starting to see a pattern) and a special 'Silky Balance Network' (no, I don't know what that is either). 
It has a super creamy and soft consistency - incredibly light and feels lovely on the skin. Great colour for me however I applied it and then a bit later on looked in the mirror... and noticed my face was covered in a slight hint of glitter. Actual glittery particles. When I re-swatched the foundation on the back of my hand I was super surprised to see that it was glittery. Why oh why would they put glitter in a face makeup? Very disappointed - not a product i'll use, I much prefer my whole entire face to be glitter free. Such a shame. 

AHC 'Whitening Cream SPF 35 PA++' - $38
Whitening Creams are a product i've heard quite a lot about - they're incredibly popular with the Korean market. This lovely silly cream combines a moisturiser, sunblock, brightening cream and complextion correcting cream - a 4 in 1 mega product. It contains vitamins and a whole host of other goodies including hyaluronic acid and kamu kamu berries (what's that?!). It promises to replenish dry skin and visibly correct uneven skin tone. Love the sound of this and really can't wait to put it to the test! Thankfully it's glitter free too. 

RiRe 'Cool Dr. Scalp+' - $11
I've read the contents card over and over and still can't work out exactly what this is or what it does. From what I can gather it treats the scalp by removing excess oil - but it's explained as a product that "cools down the scalp temperature for preventing possible hairless and also to remove unnecessary impurities and dead skin cells from your scalp". See what I mean?! You squeeze a bit out, rub it on your scalp and leave it there. I'll give it a go! 

RiRe 'Hot Speed Manicure' - $11
When you hear the word manicure you automatically think of your nails, right? Wrong. This is another hair product. This one penetrates into the hair cuticles to deliver "abundant nutrition and creates a strong protein layer". My dry ends need some serious TLC so i'll definitely be putting this to the test for sure. 

RiRe 'Capsule Mask Pack' - $22
So this product was a randomly selected choice out of 3 - Moisture, Whitening & Anti-aging. I got Whitening. Yes, another whitening product. I'm starting to think that maybe Memebox are trying to tell me something. 
This is a spray mask, which you can squirt onto clean skin or over the top of makeup for instant moisture. Love the cute packaging. I might pop this into my bag for a quick pick me up. Think i'll use this most when the hot weather eventually rolls round. 

So, over-all a mixed box. Some really nice products but also some really strange ones too. I'm looking forward to trying them out. Out of all the items the only one I won't use is the glitter-tactic foundation so not too bad. 

This box cost me $35.99 (£23) with shipping but the contents is worth $121 (£78) so another great value for money box! If you're interested in trying a Memebox click here!

I'm off to manicure my split ends!!
Love Emma
XOXO





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...